Just what it says. We feel the Lord has called us to sell all we own and move to Costa Rica.
This is extremely random since we had never been there when we first received the call (although Adam has been there to get confirmation). Whether we had raised all the money we need or not, we were going. We did nearly every aspect of it backwards (from finances, living, support, ministry partners, etc!).
We are committing ourselves to a few things:
1) Offering relief and hope. There’s so much power in a small act of kindness. It’s kindness that leads to repentance. I love the opportunity to eliminate pointless suffering.
2) Offering development. This is through the context of relationships and training.
3) Offering rehabilitation. This takes place in the context of restoring broken relationships to helping people with hurts and habits that seem to have taken hold of them.
Another key reason we are “backwards” is because of the following two main reasons:
1) This is a season where we go, but we are the learners. Yes, we serve. However, we are the ones receiving.
2) We plan visiting the States to offer training and hope to local churches… especially in the areas of seeing the family restored, missional living and leadership development.
Again, our heart is to deeply invest in the community of Sámara. We want to share the depths of God’s love and affections. We want to invest in the marginalized… and call out their destiny.